Nathan M. Spatz, the leader of Pillsbury’s Los Angeles Litigation team, is a skilled trial and appellate lawyer with significant alternative dispute resolution (ADR) experience. Nathan, a commercial litigator and trial lawyer, resolves complex disputes.
His practice encompasses financial services matters, including secured/unsecured loans and receiverships; disputes affecting companies in the healthcare industry; real estate disputes; class action defense; disputes between government contractors and their subcontractors; prosecuting and defending constitutional law matters; and other multifaceted commercial litigation matters.
From the onset of every engagement, Nathan crafts thoughtful approaches that are guided by his clients’ fiscal and strategic goals.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Tried a case of first impression regarding a high-profile constitutional challenge to a local ordinance in Los Angeles.
- Prevailed in a lengthy commercial litigation matter involving a runway-adjacent aircraft manufacturing facility in Long Beach, Calif., that resulted in a $26 million damage award to his client.
- Mounted a successful defense for a financial institution in four U.S. class actions alleging unfair business practices and contract claims related to foreign currency transactions.
- Prosecuted a $50 million binding arbitration and related foreclosure litigation on behalf of a major financial institution arising from the Chrysler bankruptcy, obtaining a full recovery for the lender, including legal fees, and defeating all claims for recovery against the lender, including lender liability claims.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law
- B.A., Economics and Political Science, The George Washington University
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
CLERKSHIPS : Judicial Extern, Judge William G. Young, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Rate : $$$