Nathaniel R. Smith focuses his practice on complex commercial disputes and consumer class actions, as well as disputes involving the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974.
Nate practices in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels. He has also represented clients in adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court.
He maintains an active pro bono practice covering a range of issues, including eminent domain and Social Security benefits. The State Bar of California has recognized Nate with the Wiley W. Manuel Award for his pro bono contributions. He also serves as an alumni advisor at the University of California, San Diego.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represents clients in large-scale commercial litigation
- Represents clients in disputes over corporate fiduciary duties
- Represents clients in class actions involving the California Unfair Competition Law
- American Inns of Court
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- San Diego County Bar Association
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, San Diego, 2001
ADMISSIONS : California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Stephen M. McNamee, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, 2007-08
- Judicial Extern to the Hon. Louisa S. Porter, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, during law school
Rate : $$$