Naveed Anwar is a Corporate Partner based in the Firm’s Palo Alto Office. Naveed’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, where he represents public and private companies and private equity firms in a variety of domestic and cross-border transactions. He has experience in a broad range of transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, carve-outs, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, venture financings, joint ventures and other complex transactions across a wide variety of sectors.
Naveed’s recent experience has included the representation of:
- Dell Technologies in connection with its exchange of Class V tracking stock
- Blackstone-led consortium in connection with its $20 billion acquisition of a majority interests in Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk Business
- Hellman & Friedman in connection with its $3.02 billion acquisition of Financial Engines
- Centerbridge in connection with its $1.26 billion acquisition of Syncsort and Vision Solutions
- Hellman & Friedman in connection with its investment in SimpliSafe
- Pharmaceutical Product Development in connection with its $9 billion-valued recapitalization
Selected representations on which Naveed has worked prior to Simpson Thacher include:
- PAI Partners in connection with its acquisition of Vacant Property Specialists
- Silverfleet Capital in connection with its acquisition of AGR Holdings AS
- Equistone Partners in connection with its divestment of The Mill
- Intermediate Capital Group on its acquisition of the ATPI Group
Naveed spent a year on secondment at 3i Group plc in London where he advised 3i’s Private Equity team on a range of acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings in North America, Europe and the Far East.
Naveed received his LPC in 2007 and his GDL in 2006 from the University of Law, London and his B.A., with honours, and his MEng., with honours, from the University of Cambridge, Selwyn College, in 2004.
- University of Law, London, 2007 LPC
- University of Law, London, 2006 GDL
- University of Cambridge, Selwyn College, 2004 B.A. (Hons.) and MEng (Hons.)
- England and Wales 2009
- California 2018
Rate : $$$