Neal Block has represented US clients on a broad range of domestic and international tax issues for more than 40 years. Neal is formerly chairman of the Chicago Bar Association’s Committee on Taxation, and adjunct tax professor in the Masters in Tax Law program at Chicago Kent School of Law.
Focusing primarily on US tax planning and litigation, Neal advises companies on local and multijurisdictional tax issues. He is a leading practitioner in the DISC area, in both planning and litigation.
He also speaks regularly in various seminars sponsored by CITE and AICPA. Neal frequently contributes articles to Baker McKenzie Publications, CITE, the Global Tax Advisory and Tax Notes and has published a book for Commerce Clearing House on Extraterritorial Income Exclusion, FSCs and DISCs. A BNA Portfolio on DISCs is expected to be published in the near future. He has also testified before the US Congress as expert witness in DISC/FSC area.
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D.) (1967)
- University of Illinois (B.S. High Honors) (1964)
- University of Illinois (Certified Public Accountant Illinois Silver Medal) (1964)
- District of Columbia~United States (1967)
- Illinois~United States (1967)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chicago Bar Association – Past Chairman, Committee on Taxation
Rate : $$$