Neal J. Reenan is a corporate partner in Kirkland’s Boston and Chicago offices and is a founding partner of the Firm’s Boston office. Neal focuses on structuring, negotiating and executing complex domestic and cross-border transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, take-privates, joint ventures, recapitalizations and restructuring transactions. He also advises on related corporate governance, financing, executive compensation, and general corporate matters.
Neal has represented a variety of financial sponsors, including Bain Capital Private Equity, Centerbridge Partners, Madison Dearborn Partners, Thomas H. Lee Partners, H.I.G. Capital, Hellman & Friedman, Apax Funds, CHS Capital, Lee Equity Partners, Thoma Bravo, Ridgemont Equity Partners, and GTCR, as well as many of their respective portfolio companies.
In addition, Neal has handled transactions for corporate clients such as Diversey, Inc., The Amynta Group, Ankura Consulting Group, LLC, Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, CME Group, Konica Minolta Holdings, EVO Payments International, Aquilex Holdings, the SourceInterlink Companies, AMF Bowling Worldwide, Cinemark Holdings, and Advisory Research, Inc.
Neal’s experience spans industries including financial services, manufacturing, health care, distribution, business to business services, consumer products and services, entertainment and technology.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2003 magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Northeastern University, M.B.A., M.S., Accounting, 1994
- Harvard University, A.B., Government, 1993 cum laude
- 2017, Massachusetts
- 2003, Illinois
- H.I.G. Capital in the acquisition of the U.S. based human resource consulting and actuarial business (formerly known as Buck Consultants) of Conduent, Inc.
- Ankura Consulting Group, LLC (a Madison Dearborn Partners portfolio company) in its acquisition of the Disputes, Forensics and Legal Technology (DFLT) segment and Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice of Navigant Consulting, Inc.
- Madison Dearborn Partners in its investment in the acquiring consortium led by the Karfunkel Family and Stone Point Partners in the take private of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners and Industrial Container Services, Inc. in the sale of ICS to Stone Canyon-backed BWAY Holding Company, Inc.
- Aquilex Holdings LLC, a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners, in the sale of its HydroChem industrial cleaning business to PSC Industrial, a portfolio company of Littlejohn & Co.
- Bain Capital Private Equity in agreements to acquire common stock of Surgery Partners, Inc. from HIG Capital and convertible preferred stock issued by Surgery Partners in connection with the latter’s acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare, Inc. from Irving Place Capital.
- Centerbridge Partners in its investment in Heartland Food Products and the acquisition by Heartland of the Splenda brand and related assets from McNeil Nutritionals, LLC.
- Bain Capital Private Equity and Unisource Worldwide Inc. in connection with the merger of Unisource with xpedx following xpdex’s spin-off from International Paper in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction.
Memberships & Affiliations:
- American Bar Association — Business Law Section
- Mergers & Acquisitions Committee Member
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee Member
- Model Private Merger Agreement Working Group Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Thomson-Shore, Inc., 1999–2000 (Director of Strategy & Customer Relations)
- Plante Moran, PLLC, 1997–1999 (Strategy and Business Improvement Consultant)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, 1994–1997 (Senior Auditor)
Rate : $$$