Neal H. Strum focuses on business advice, planning, and transactions for a wide range of industries and businesses. Neal has an extensive background in structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions, limited liability company operating agreements, and venture capital/private equity financings and investments.
He negotiates joint ventures, strategic alliances, redemptions, buyouts, and service and distribution relationships. He assists clients with executive employment and consulting arrangements and terminations.
In addition, Neal helps with the management of sensitive interpersonal dynamics, and develops creative solutions to achieve transactional objectives and resolve complex issues. Neal created and currently oversees the firm’s Corporate Practice Group Writing Program.
- Represented an active hedge and other funds in more than 90 private company investments, totaling almost $500 million
- Represented international investors in a transaction to structure, organize, and capitalize a new U.S. biotechnology company
- Represented a financial services company in structuring and negotiating a buy-out of the ownership interest of a founder and key executive; collaborated with labor and litigation counsel to integrate the buy-out with a settlement of threatened litigation
- Represented a healthcare service company in a strategic alliance with a national insurance company to create, market, and manage a new benefits product
- Represented a senior executive of a private equity firm in negotiating the terms of his retirement, post-retirement consulting arrangements, and related equity buy-outs
- Represented a privately owned financial services company in the sale of a subsidiary’s software and licensing business to a public company strategic buyer
- Represented the owners of a veterinary hospital in the sale of the hospital to a national roll-up buyer and the sale of related real estate.
- Represented an infomercial company in the departure and buy-out of key executives who were minority owners
- Represented a seller/management team, recipients of a large “earn-out,” in an early redemption/buy-out of the earn-out
- Represented investors in negotiating terms of investment in venture, private equity, and hedge funds.
- J.D. with honors University of Maryland School of Law 1991
- B.A. University of Maryland 1987
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Court Admissions : U.S. Tax Court
Professional Memberships :
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Sections of Business Law, Taxation, and Antitrust
- Certified Public Accountant, 1987
- Serves as vice president, education, and chairs the board of education of an 1,100-student parochial school
- Served on the executive boards of several charitable organizations and other nonprofits.
Rate : $$$