Neelaabh Shankar, focuses his practice on patent litigation before U.S. district courts in the chemical, biotechnological, and pharmaceutical fields. He has experience representing pharmaceutical companies in Hatch-Waxman and trade secret misappropriation matters.
Neel works on various aspects of trial preparation, including drafting patent validity or infringement related opinions, discovery, depositions of key scientific and fact witnesses, and motion practice. He is also actively engaged in pre-trial activities such as due-diligence, seeking and interviewing potential experts, and drafting legal opinions and memoranda.
He regularly works with the patent litigation, Hatch-Waxman, and trade secrets practice teams at Duane Morris and his work routinely involves preparing for depositions, drafting expert reports, developing key legal and technical arguments, motion papers, and preparing oral arguments.
He also has substantial experience in patent prosecution and prosecutes patent applications involving biomedical and pharmaceutical arts before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Mass. Super. Civil Action No. 2015-4126: Member of team that represents Dicerna in trade secret misappropriation matter in technology related to RNAi.
- Astellas Pharma Inc. et al v. Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. D.Del. 1:16-cv-00943-JFB-CJB: Member of a team that represents Prinston Pharmaceutical, Inc. in Hatch-Waxman Litigation on Eliquis®.
- Astellas Pharma Inc. et al v. Actavis Elizabeth LLC, et al. D.Del. C.A. No. 1:16-cv-00905-JFB-CJB (Consolidated): Member of a team that represents Prinston Pharmaceutical, Inc. in Hatch-Waxman Litigation on Myrbetriq®.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2015
- University of Rochester Medical Center, Ph.D., 2007
- Panjab University, M.Sc., with honors, 2000
- Panjab University, B.Sc., with honors, 1998
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Society)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Rate : $$$