A seasoned lawyer, Neema M. Bell has extensive experience in all types of commercial and employment defense litigation. She regularly represents small and large business clients in a variety of business disputes, litigation, and administrative matters. Neema has substantial experience in a number of specialty areas, including employment, media and constitutional law, and class actions.
Neema began her legal practice as a law clerk for the Honorable Richard B. McQuade, Jr., United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Western Division. For the past 24 years, she has been primarily engaged in defending civil litigants. Neema has extensive experience in representing both individuals and business clients in commercial disputes.
In the employment area, Neema has successfully handled significant numbers of sexual harassment and other civil rights investigations, administrative matters before the Ohio and Michigan Civil Rights Commissions, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the U. S. Department of Education.
She has also defended against civil actions stemming from those types of administrative matters. In addition, Neema has significant experience representing clients in disputes arising under various federal laws, including:
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Federal Rehabilitation Act (FRA)
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)
- Environmental and civil rights laws
- J.D., with honors, The University of Toledo, Order of the Coif, 1986
- M.A., Bowling Green State University, 1974
- B.A., Bowling Green State University, 1973
Bar and Court Admissions : Ohio, 1987
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- American Inns of Court, Morrison Waite Chapter, Master Member
- Lucas County Board of Mental Health & Recovery Services, Appointee, Chairman of the Programs & Finance Committee; Past Board Vice -Chairman
- Maumee Municipal Court, Lucas County, Former Acting Judge
- The University of Toledo College of Law National Advisory Council
- Toledo Bar Association Grievance Committee, Member
- YMCA/JCC Regional Board of Trustees, Past Vice Chairman, Past Chairman of Strategic Planning Committee
Rate : $$$