Neema Sahni is a litigation associate with deep media industry expertise. Through her work at the firm, and her prior experience in-house, Ms. Sahni has developed a sophisticated understanding of the legal issues facing clients in the sports, media and entertainment industries. Her practice offers an unusual blend of litigation capability, transactional support, and regulatory guidance.
Ms. Sahni represents clients in complex commercial disputes and copyright and trademark matters. She has particular experience litigating disputes related to content distribution and creation, with a focus on helping clients navigate changes in the content distribution ecosystem.
Ms. Sahni’s diversified litigation experience includes participation in a full range of discovery activities; briefing preliminary and dispositive motions; and assisting with trial and appellate matters. She also has represented clients in state and federal court, arbitration proceedings and agency adjudications.
On the transactional side, she has experience negotiating, drafting and advising on content licensing and distribution agreements for television networks, with specific expertise on most favored nations compliance and digital distribution, including “over-the-top” and “TV Everywhere” distribution.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2010
- Yale University, B.A., 2005
Bar Admissions : California , District of Columbia.
Representative Matters :
- Represents Fox News Networks in Fox News Network LLC v. Charter Communications Holding Co. LLC et al., a breach of contract action alleging that Charter applied incorrect carriage rates for all systems following its acquisition of Time Warner Cable.
- Defended major film studio against trademark infringement claims concerning action film title.
- Obtained summary judgment for Sony Music Entertainment and dismissal of all contract and intellectual property claims brought by former music manager regarding 70’s rock act.
- Represents the National Football League in litigation involving the out-of-market television package, NFL Sunday Ticket.
Pro Bono :
- Obtained grant of asylum for El Salvadoran woman seeking refuge from persecution on the basis of her transgender status.
- Bread for the City Legal Clinic: Six-month rotation providing representation and advice to low-income DC residents in landlord tenant disputes.
- Successfully represented defendant charged with multiple homicides in state court proceedings.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel
- South Asian Bar Association of Southern California
- North American South Asian Bar Association, 2012 Convention Programming Committee
Rate : $$$$