Neeta C. Thakur is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Palo Alto office. Dr. Thakur specializes in preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications in the areas of chemistry, biotechnology, medical device, and pharmaceuticals. She also has experience in due diligence analyses, freedom to operate, and inventorship issues. Her focus is primarily on pharmaceutically active small molecules.
Prior to her legal career, Dr. Thakur worked as a research scientist in the biopharmaceutical industry, where her research in the field of medicinal chemistry focused on the design and synthesis of novel pharmaceutically active small molecules. Dr. Thakur’s other professional experience includes a technical consultant position with a law office and an information scientist position with a chemical data abstracting company.
- J.D., Santa Clara University, 2013
- Ph.D., Chemistry, University of California, Santa Cruz, 1999, Regents Fellowship
- M.S., Organic Chemistry, University of Bombay, 1987
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Bombay, 1985
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$