Neil Goldberg has defended product liability, pharmaceutical, medical device, trucking, toxic tort, and other complex catastrophic cases across the United States for numerous New York Stock Exchange companies.
One of Neil’s most recent trials arose from the February 2009 crash of Colgan Flight 3407 that resulted in the deaths of 50 people — one of only a few such trials conducted in the United States in the last 30 years.
Neil is past president of the Defense Research Institute (DRI), the largest organization of civil defense attorneys in the United States; past chair of the Products Liability Committees of both the DRI and New York State Bar Association (NYSBA); and past president and chairman of the board of Lawyers for Civil Justice.
He also serves on the Advisory Board of the Bureau of National Affairs’ (BNA) Product Safety & Liability Reporter. Consistently recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the Personal Injury, Product Liability, and Aviation Law categories, he additionally won the publication’s Product Liability “Lawyer of the Year” Award for Buffalo, New York in 2018.
In 2016, Neil was the recipient of the Defense Trial Lawyers Association of Western New York’s Defense Trial Lawyer of the Year Award. A prolific writer and recognized authority on the defense of complex personal injury cases, Neil has been editor, co-editor, or contributing author for seven books on the subject.
He is the co-editor-in-chief of the two-volume treatise Preparing For and Trying the Civil Lawsuit, second edition, published by the New York State Bar Association (2004). He is also editor-in-chief and contributing author to Products Liability in New York, Strategy and Practice, second edition (2012), and editor-in-chief of DRI’s Daubert Compendium.
Also a sought-after speaker on the defense of product liability and personal injury actions, Neil has lectured for Lloyds of London, the Defense Research Institute, Practicing Law Institute, the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, Southern Methodist University and other prestigious organizations throughout North America and Europe.
- Lawyers for Civil Justice: Past Board Chairman; Past President, Lawyers for Civil Justice, 2004–05
- Defense Research Institute: Past President; Products Liability Committee, Former Chair; Research and Development Committee; Law Institute
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- New York State Bar Association: Past Chair, Products Liability Committee; Torts, Insurance and Compensation Section; Trial Lawyers Section
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, J.D. cum laude, 1973
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A. cum laude, 1969
Rate : $$$$