Neil B. Shoter is a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. Neil has a nationwide commercial real estate practice concentrating in commercial leasing law. His practice encompasses office, retail, industrial and specialty facilities leases, and he advises landlords and tenants on property management issues.
He has extensive experience in negotiating office and retail leases, including regularly representing Class A buildings and institutional owners. His retail leasing experience includes drafting and negotiating shopping center, big box, restaurant, and mixed-used project leases with national and international retailers. He advises on, prepares, and negotiates construction and design consultant agreements and counsels clients on green leasing and sustainable development.
Neil is active in the leadership of The Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, currently serving as Chair of its Information Technology Committee and previously chairing its Real Estate Leasing Committee.
He is a past president for the Palm Beach County Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and current member of its Advisory Council. He has also lectured and authored articles on lease negotiation, green leasing and sustainability and on telecommunications issues in commercial leases.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1994
- Nova/Southeastern University, M.B.A., 1990
- University of Florida, Master of Architecture, 1985
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Design, 1983
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of The Florida Bar
- Chair, Information Technology Committee
- Former Chair, Landlord/Tenant Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- The American Institute of Architects
- Immediate Past President, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Palm Beach County Chapter
Rate : $$$