A former IRS and Treasury Special Honors Attorney, Neil L. Rose has over twenty-five years experience in the areas of federal and local taxation, estate planning and administration, real estate and corporate law.
He has lectured on corporate tax, real estate tax, Virginia sales and use tax, estate planning, elder law, pension tax, tax exempt organizations, and limited liability company issues for the Tax Section of the American Bar Association, Virginia State Bar, ODU Tax Conference, the Virginia Society of CPAs and Virginia CLE.
- Planned and prepared documents for estate planning encompassing traditional wills and revocable and irrevocable trusts.
- Generation-skipping tax planning involving testamentary plans through the use of wills and trusts, as well as lifetime asset transfers.
- Coordinated personal planning through the use of powers of attorney, living wills, health care powers of attorney, income tax planning and related vehicles.
- Designed and implemented family gift programs through direct gifts, trusts and insurance vehicles to maximize family wealth transfers under gift, estate and generation-skipping tax laws.
- Created various public charities, and handled their exemption applications and other IRS filings, as well as planned and administered charitable transfers of diverse kinds, including charitable remainder trusts.
- Assisted client in closing the largest real estate construction loan ever made by his local lender.
- Assisted clients in acquiring and selling shopping centers.
- Assisted medical groups in acquiring land and building their own office buildings.
- Assists clients with the formation and operation of their business entities.
- Assists clients with Federal, State and local tax issues.
- M.L.T., Georgetown University, 1989
- J.D., University of Virginia, 1983
- B.S., University of Virginia, with distinction, Beta Gamma Sigma, 1980
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- Hampton Roads Tax Forum
- Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council
- United States Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, United States Tax Court
- Virginia Beach Educational Foundation Board
- Virginia Bar Association, Tax Section Council: Past Chair
- Virginia Bar Association, Elder Law Section Council: Past Chair
- Virginia State Bar, Tax Section, Past Chair
- Virginia Beach Education Foundation: Past President
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce: Regional Board
- Norfolk Foundation Professional Advisory Committee (2000-present)
- Congregation Beth El Foundation: Treasurer and Board Member
- Virginia Beach School Board: Vice Chair (2001-2004)
- Virginia Beach School Board (1996-2004)
- Governor’s School for the Arts: Regional Board (1996-2004)
- Governors School for the Arts Foundation (1996-2008)
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Hampton Roads: Graduate and Former Chairman
- Norfolk Kiwanis Foundation: Treasurer (2011-Present)
Rate : $$$