Neil Whoriskey’s practice focuses primarily on mergers, acquisitions and corporate governance matters. He co-chairs the firm’s corporate governance group. Neil joined the firm 1991 and became partner in 2000.
He was previously resident in Cleary’s Hong Kong office where, among other highlights, he worked on the first-ever sale of control of a Chinese bank to foreign investors, and the sale of Daewoo Motors to General Motors. Neil joined Cleary after having worked for one year as a stagiaire with the law firm of Uría & Menéndez in Madrid, Spain.
- Western Digital Corporation in numerous transactions, including:
- $19 billion acquisition of SanDisk.
- Proposed $3.775 billion equity investment by a subsidiary of Unisplendour.
- Acquisition of Amplidata.
- Disposition of certain assets to Toshiba Corporation.
- OpenText Corporation in various transactions, including its $1.62 billion acquisition of Dell EMC’s Enterprise Content Division, its acquisition of HP Inc’s Customer Communications Management Assets, its $1.165 billion acquisition of GXS Group, Inc. and its acquisition of Actuate, Inc.
- American Tower in its $5.056 billion acquisition of the rights to over 11,000 wireless communications towers and 165 additional towers from Verizon Communications.
- Carlyle Global Partners in several transactions, including the acquisition of certain assets managed by Content Partners, an aggregator of intellectual property in the entertainment and media space.
- Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc. in the separation and spin-off of its international business, International Seaways, Inc., into an independent, publicly traded company.
- ABB Ltd. in its $1 billion acquisition of Power-One, Inc. and in the subsequent disposition of certain Power-One subsidiaries; and in its acquisition of Ventyx, Inc.
- Advice to various firms regarding activist investments.
- CFR Pharmaceuticals in its $2.9 billion sale to Abbott Laboratories.
- One of the world’s largest asset management firms in going private transactions and in various REIT transactions.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 1990
- Cornell University, B.A., 1985
- New York
Rate : $$$