Neisen O. Kasdin serves as managing partner of Akerman’s Miami office. A former mayor of Miami Beach and leader in the revitalization of South Beach, he brings extensive civic experience to his work on urban revitalization and the development of complex, large-scale, multi-use projects.
Respected as a leader in urban development, he serves as vice chair of the board of directors for the Miami Downtown Development Authority and was responsible for leading the creation of Miami’s Downtown Master Plan.
Many of his clients’ projects – from Brickell City Centre to Miami’s Design District and the Faena District – have been groundbreaking, transforming Miami’s urban spaces with a blend of retail, office, and residential properties. In addition to large-scale projects, Neisen has represented clients in developments in emerging Miami neighborhoods such as Little Haiti and Wynwood.
Neisen is recognized by Chambers USA and The Legal 500 as a leading land use and zoning lawyer in Florida. Clients value his attention to detail and thorough knowledge of building codes and government agencies, as well as his deep understanding of what a neighborhood needs, what is achievable, and what challenges may arise in the future.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1979
- B.A., Northwestern University, 1976
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- City National Bank of Florida, Board Member
- Miami-Dade Charter Review Task Force, Member
- Miami Downtown Development Authority, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors
- New World Symphony, Member and Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Wolfsonian Institute/Florida International University, Board Member
- University of Miami School of Architecture, Masters in Real Estate and Urbanism Advisory Board Member and Past Chair
- Faena Art Center, Board Member and Secretary
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association, Member
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority, Past Board Member
- Miami-Dade County Metropolitan Planning Organization, Past Board Member
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Transportation Committee, Past Chair; New World Center Committee, Past Chair
Rate : $$$$