Neville Bilimoria is a partner with Duane Morris LLP’s Health Law Practice Group in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Bilimoria advises health care clients on corporate and litigation matters and counsels hospitals, health systems, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, physicians, physician groups, pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies on a variety of issues, including health care corporate transactions, healthcare fraud and abuse, compliance issues, telemedicine, HIPAA and state health privacy law issues, regulatory compliance, and resulting litigation.
Mr. Bilimoria is the chair of Duane Morris’ Physician Services Group nationally and the India Subgroup practice internationally. He is also currently a member of the Duane Morris mHealth Group.
Mr. Bilimoria’s corporate work includes representation of clients in transactions for the purchase and sale of healthcare facilities, health clinics and physician practices, as well as counseling on various healthcare contracting issues.
He has represented healthcare providers in administrative law matters and disciplinary actions. He has counseled pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies on state and federal regulatory issues.
A frequent author and speaker on healthcare topics, he is the past Chair of the Chicago Bar Association’s Health Law Committee. Mr. Bilimoria was also a Professor for Rush University Medical Center’s Graduate Program in Health Systems Management.
Mr. Bilimoria is a member of the American, Illinois State and Chicago bar associations, the American Health Lawyers Association and the Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys. He earned a B.A. in Philosophy from Northwestern University, where he received a Kappa Alpha Pi Award for academics and leadership. He received a J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law.
- Represented Meadows Mennonite Retirement Community in salvaging two large nursing home communities in Illinois by selling a distressed assisted living facility saddled with debt.
- Represented a senior residential care corporation as health regulatory counsel in a $230 million transaction in which the client sold assisted living properties in five states to a REIT.
- Conducted review of hospital federal research grants and developed report on research grant administration, funding, and federal research grant compliance.
- Represented nursing home in its relocation before the Health Facilities Planning Board on Certificate of Need matters and successfully gained approval for the multi-million dollar project.
- Representing hospital in its corporate compliance, antitrust compliance, and its response to FTC subpoenas for antitrust suit against another hospital.
- Represent physician group in revenue recoupment matter against major private payor to assist group in recouping monies owed and renegotiating provider contract with payor.
- Counsel to all types of health care providers in the drafting and reviewing of contracts.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
Board Memberships : Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Associate Board — Executive Committee Member
Rate : $$$