Niall McLachlan has spent his entire career representing institutional and private lenders in state, federal district, and bankruptcy courts, and in arbitration proceedings. He has over 20 years of experience negotiating troubled loan workouts and litigating matters involving complex commercial loans, complex foreclosures, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and lender liability claims including claims alleging breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, unjust enrichment, negligent misrepresentation, and negligent underwriting.
He has extensive experience advising clients and litigating matters under the Uniform Commercial Code, including matters concerning secured transactions, negotiable instruments, bank deposits and collections, fund transfers, and letters of credit, and representing creditors in proceedings under Chapters 7, 11, and 13 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. Niall has also represented securities brokerage firms in arbitration proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority concerning disputes with former brokers.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center (J.D., 1995)
- Florida Atlantic University (MBA, 1992)
- Florida State University (B.S., Finance, 1989)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section, Bankruptcy and UCC Committee
- Dade County Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida
- Moderator, Continuing Legal Education Panel Addressing Foreclosure Crisis in Florida
Rate : $$$