Nicholas Baker is Counsel in Simpson Thacher’s New York office and a member of the Firm’s Corporate Practice. Nicholas concentrates his practice on restructuring and bankruptcy matters. He has represented clients in some of the largest Chapter 11 proceedings and out-of-court restructurings. Some of his institutional clients include JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, L-3 Communications and GSO Capital Partners.
Recent experience includes advising:
- JPMorgan, as DIP financing and exit financing agent, in Halcón Resources’ Chapter 11 reorganization
- JPMorgan in LightSquared Inc.’s Chapter 11 reorganization, including with respect to existing positions and new exit investments
- York Capital and Centerbridge Partners in the out-of-court financial restructuring of Shelf Drilling
- L-3 Communications Corporation, as stalking horse purchaser, in its acquisition of Implant Sciences Corporation
- GSO Capital Partners in its equity investment in reorganized Kodak
Nicholas received his B.A., with Honors from McGill University in 2002. And in 2007, he received his J.D. degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2007 J.D.
- McGill University, 2002 B.A.
- Honors Degree
- New York 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 2009
Rate : $$$