Nicholas E. Bencivenga focuses his practice on patent prosecution and litigation, with an emphasis on the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and clean energy areas.
Nick conducts numerous portfolio evaluations and freedom-to-operate assessments. He has drafted and prosecuted many new patent applications in the United States and various international jurisdictions. Nick also assists clients with pre-litigation assessments.
Nick’s technical background includes medicinal and polymer chemistry, in addition to synthetic methodology development. During his graduate studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he worked on the development of asymmetric, nickel-catalyzed cross coupling reactions.
His undergraduate thesis focused on the development of polymers that selectively fluoresced in the presence of specific metal ions. Prior to joining Finnegan, Nick worked as a scientist at ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, where he gained oncology drug discovery experience.
During his undergraduate studies, he was a medicinal chemistry intern at Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Merck & Co. gaining infectious disease and cardiovascular drug discovery research experience.
- Suffolk University Law School J.D., 2018
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology M.S., Organic Chemistry, 2012
- University of New Hampshire B.S., Chemistry, magna cum laude, 2010
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- American Chemical Society
- Boston Patent Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Donald G. O’Brien Fellow, 2011
- Presidential Scholar, 2006-2010
Rate : $$$