In his practice focusing on bankruptcy litigation and debtors’ and creditors’ rights, Nicholas J. Cremona dedicates himself to fully understanding the matters in which his clients are involved, ensuring that the best strategies are crafted given the facts and circumstances.
He is available to address the most urgent needs of his clients and effectively communicates those needs to an audience, whether during court proceedings or out-of-court restructurings.
Nick is skilled at negotiating and harmonizing divergent views and interests on behalf of various constituents including debtors, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, committees and fiduciaries.
- Is part of the BakerHostetler team representing Irving H. Picard, the Securities Investor Protection Act trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC and the consolidated estate of Bernard L. Madoff, in connection with Madoff’s Ponzi scheme.
- Represented the secured lender in connection with the sale of two commercial buildings in Manhattan for $180 million. The contested sale was completed through a prepackaged chapter 11 plan that was confirmed in 75 days.
- Represented the administrative agent for the prepetition and post-petition of secured lenders in Fairpoint Communications.
- Represented the administrative agent for the prepetition of secured lenders in American Home Mortgage.
- Represented the legal representative for future asbestos health claimants in Armstrong World Industries and USG Corp.
- Represented the debtors in Nutritional Sourcing Corp., Integrated Health Services Inc. and Spinnaker Industries Inc.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Bar Association
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1999, Executive Notes and Comments Editor, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany, 1996, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
Rate : $$$$