As a member of the Advocacy Department, Mr. Nicholas W. Diegel concentrates his practice in labor and employment, construction litigation, insurance defense, and commercial litigation. Mr. Diegel is a litigation associate and a member of the Advocacy Group.
Mr. Diegel uses the advocacy skills he gained during law school and in his prior practice to provide clients with strategic guidance and well-rounded experience to solve their litigation challenges.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Diegel concentrated his practice on complex commercial litigation, judgment enforcement, and issues arising from commercial and residential leases. During law school, Mr. Diegel was Executive Editor for the Tennessee Law Review.
He worked as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Chancellors in the Hamilton County Chancery Court in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Mr. Diegel volunteered with Legal Aid of East Tennessee, and he is also an Eagle Scout.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 2015, with honors
- University of Tennessee, B.A., 2012, cum laude
- Tennessee, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 2015
- Assisted in a four-week jury trial in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee that resulted in a multi-million dollar judgment against a Fortune 500 software company based on theories of breach of contract and fraud.
- Assisted in defending a Fortune 500 company from allegations of breach of contract in a bench trial before the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
- Assisted in defending, at the Tennessee Court of Appeals, the trial court’s award of six figures in damages and attorneys’ fees arising from breach of contract for improper machining services.
- Assisted in successfully defending a homeowner in a dispute with a local homeowners association alleging a breach of covenants and restrictions.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Member – Knoxville Bar Association
Rate : $$$$