Nicholas Haynes is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. He focuses on general employment counseling and employment litigation in California and Colorado.
Mr. Haynes provides advice and counsel to employers regarding compliance with state and federal employment law, including wage and hour, leaves of absence, workplace investigations, performance management, and issues that arise from the time of hire to separation from employment.
Mr. Haynes represents employers before the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Colorado Civil Rights Division, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, and the California Division of Labor Standards and Enforcement.
Mr. Haynes has experience training employers and providing presentations on new employment laws, investigations, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, harassment prevention, unemployment, and garnishments and withholding orders. Mr. Haynes is licensed in California and Colorado.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Murray State University, Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy and Global Studies
- Defense Language Institute, Associate of Arts, Arabic
- State Bar Admissions, California, Colorado.
Associations : Colorado Bar Association and California State Bar – Labor and Employment Group
- Law Clerk for Feirich, Mager, Green and Ryan in Carbondale, Illinois
- Unemployment Appeals Hearing Officer for Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Workers’ Compensation defense for McCrea and Buck, LLC
- Managing Attorney of Affirmative Action Planning Services and Chair of California Committee at Mountain States Employers Council
Rate : $$$