Nicholas H. Howell is an associate at Troutman Sanders with a practice in business and environmental litigation, toxic and mass tort litigation, and property rights litigation. Nicholas commonly litigates cases in both state and federal courts involving groundwater contamination, chemical exposure, property rights, landlord tenant disputes, and regulatory violations.
Representative Matters :
- Litigation counsel for Georgia-based developer in a stormwater suit alleging violations of the Clean Water Act.
- Litigation counsel for municipality in suit alleging environmental property damage claims from adjacent landfill.
- Litigation counsel for automotive parts manufacturer in federal court class action and related state litigation alleging toxic tort property damages claims.
- Litigation counsel for air conditioning manufacturer in suit alleging environmental property damage claims.
- Litigation counsel for Georgia-based electrical utility in various easement and land rights disputes involving electrical transmission lines.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Atlanta Children’s Shelter, Young Professionals Advisory Committee
- Vice President, University of Georgia School of Law Young Alumni/Alumnae Committee
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy, Class of 2017
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division (Litigation Committee)
Professional Experience : Law Clerk, the Honorable J. Randal Hall, United States District Court, Southern District of Georgia, 2013-2014
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Furman University, B.A., cum laude, 2007
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Rate : $$$