Nicholas Lynn is the vice chair of Duane Morris’ Health Law Practice Group and was a member of the firm’s Partners Board from 1999 to 2015. Mr. Lynn is chair of the office’s health law practice. He focuses his practice on pharmaceutical law, laws affecting the post-acute care community, healthcare litigation and regulatory compliance matters.
A registered pharmacist with more than 30 years’ experience in healthcare law, he is a former division chief and assistant chief counsel to the Illinois Department of Public Health and served as chief counsel to the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board.
Mr. Lynn is a member of and general counsel to the Illinois Health Care Association and Illinois Nursing Home Administrators Association. He is also on the American Health Care Association’s legal committee.
In addition, he is past president of the American Society for Pharmacy Law and a former editor of its publication, Rx Ipsa Loquitur. He served on the Advisory Board of DePaul University College of Law Health Law Institute and on the American Pharmaceutical Association’s Pain Management Academy.
- Serve as general counsel for the Illinois Health Care Association, the largest nursing home and related provider trade association in Illinois. As general counsel, Mr. Lynn represents the board of directors, negotiates and drafts contracts on behalf of the Association including its annual convention and trade show contract, chairs its legal committee, and represents the Association in friend-of-the-court briefs before the Illinois Supreme Court and state appellate courts.
- Represented a senior residential care corporation as health regulatory counsel in a $230 million transaction in which the client sold assisted living properties in five states to a REIT.
- Enjoined the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and its agency, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, from implementing its proposed Medicaid reimbursement rule that would decrease reimbursement to pharmacies by $8.5B over 5 years. Also filed to enjoin the agency from posting its reimbursement data on its website.
- Conducted detailed contract reviews and drafting of pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) contracts for pharmacies nationwide, including review and drafting of Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Program agreements and requirements.
- Conducted compliance and ethics training for a broad sector of the health care industry.
Education : The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1980
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Registered Pharmacist, Illinois
- American Pharmaceutical Association
- American Society for Pharmacy Law
- Illinois Health Care Association
- Illinois Nursing Home Administrators Association
- Illinois Pharmacists Association
Rate : $$$