Nicholas P. Melillo focuses his practice on the representation of institutional and private lenders, owners, developers, and investors in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions and other business and financial matters.
These include commercial mortgage, mezzanine and construction financing; real estate development; hospitality; commercial leasing; sale-leaseback transactions; joint ventures; and sales and acquisitions of office buildings, hotels, schools, affordable housing projects, large scale master-planned community developments, shopping centers and other commercial and mixed-use properties.
Nick also assists clients with commercial contract review, corporate governance matters, asset-based and private wealth financing, syndicated and club lending, and participations and intercreditor matters, as well as distressed debt sales and acquisitions, restructurings and workouts.
- Represented an institutional lender in an $80 million refinance of the Warwick New York hotel in Manhattan.
- Represented an institutional lender in a $48.5 million building and project loan facility for a commercial building in New York City.
- Represented a real estate developer as borrower in a $110 million mortgage loan and $50 million mezzanine loan with Ares Capital Corporation for a building on Madison Avenue in New York City.
- Represented an institutional lender in a $30 million credit facility, including a term loan, building loan and leasing improvement facility, secured by a commercial building in New York City.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with a $50 million first, second and third mortgage transaction and related line of credit, including subsequent modifications and the sale of participating interests.
- Acted as United States special counsel in a €150 million facilities transaction, including review and negotiation of mortgages and pledge agreements for United States collateral, and preparation of United States opinion letter.
- Represented an institutional lender in a $45 million refinance of the Hampton Inn Manhattan Soho hotel in New York City.
- Represented an institutional lender in a $26.7 million mortgage loan in connection with the acquisition of commercial property and development rights in New York City.
- J.D., Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, 2006; magna cum laude; Managing Editor, Touro Law Review
- B.A., University of Vermont, 2002
Admissions : New York, New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)
- Young Mortgage Bankers Association (YMBA)
Rate : $$$