Nicholas Kennedy’s practice encompasses a broad range of litigation matters including class actions, commercial and shareholder disputes, employment claims, and cross-border litigation and arbitration.
In law school, he was a member of the UCLA Law Review, was awarded Order of the Coif, and externed for the Honorable Arthur L. Alarcon of the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He began his practice in Los Angeles and regularly practices in Texas and California.
Mr. Kennedy maintains an active pro bono practice ranging from advocating for additional mental health benefits for developmentally delayed children to contributing as a co-author to an amicus brief in a case at the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Kennedy represents clients in state and federal court, and in domestic and international mediation and arbitration. He serves clients in the banking, consumer products, entertainment, hospitality, oil and gas, medical devices, manufacturing, retail, restaurants, telecommunications, transportation, and computer software industries, among others.
He has prosecuted and defended claims involving breach of contract, fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, consumer protection, environmental, and employment actions. He has also helped enforce foreign judgments and arbitration awards.
Mr. Kennedy regularly advises companies regarding compliance with California’s Proposition 65. He has extensive trial and appellate experience. In addition, he has counseled companies on improving internal brand protection and compliance processes, and helped develop anti-counterfeiting programs.
- University of California at Los Angeles (J.D. Order of the Coif)
- Harvard University (A.B. Government & Economics)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit~United States (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit~United States (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan~United States (2013)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- UCLA Law Review – Business Manager
- Dallas Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association – Member
Rate : $$$