Nicholas (Nick) Silverman represents clients navigating all stages of criminal investigations. He has experience with fact development, presentations to US Attorney’s Offices, witness interviews, document management, motions practice, trial preparation, witness preparation, and post-trial briefing.
Nick has helped obtain non-prosecution agreements and declinations in cases involving export control violations, false claims, false statements, public corruption, and wire fraud. After trial, Nick has successfully briefed multiple issues related to the US Sentencing Guidelines.
In addition, Nick is actively involved in Steptoe’s pro bono program. He spent six months as Steptoe’s attorney member of the Legal Aid Society of DC litigating domestic violence and custody cases. He also serves on Steptoe’s Associates and Hiring Committees.
- Worked as a member of the Steptoe team that secured dismissal or acquittal of both counts for David Rainey, the highest ranking BP executive charged in connection with the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the high-profile case United States v. Rainey (E.D. La. 2015).
- Worked as a member of the Steptoe team that earned dismissal or acquittal of all 18 felony counts against Bill Facteau, the former CEO of a medical device company in United States v. Facteau (D. Mass. 2016).
- Successfully briefed an array issues related to calculation of offense level under the US Sentencing Guidelines.
- Worked as a member of the Steptoe team that secured a favorable non-prosecution agreement for White Rock Distilleries and all employees in connection with bribery allegations.
- Represented several witnesses in DOJ interviews and preparation sessions related to a criminal antitrust prosecution.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2014, cum laude; Editor-in-Chief, Annual Survey of White-Collar Crime
- B.A., Reed College, 2009
Rate : $$$