Nicholas Papain, one of the most prominent and successful personal injury trial lawyers in New York, was Sullivan Papain’s managing member from 1999 until 2018. He has been a member of the firm since 1985.
He has been with the firm his entire legal career, first coming aboard as a summer law clerk in 1977 and then joining the firm full-time upon graduating from law school in 1978. He started trying cases in 1980, winning his very first trial for a woman wrongfully imprisoned for 11 days.
The jury awarded her $250,000. Since then, he has gone on to win many multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for clients killed or seriously injured by defective products, fires, unsafe premises and negligently operated vehicles.
Mr. Papain also played a major role in the negotiation of a $700 million settlement for 9/11 World Trade Center rescue and recovery workers, who had brought suit against the City of New York and its contractors for failing to provide proper respiratory equipment, which was claimed to have resulted in various respiratory injuries.
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude 1978
- Adelphi University, B.A.,1974
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- The Hellenic Lawyers Association of New York.
- President of the Parish Council of the Archangel Michael Greek Orthodox Church,
- Port Washington, New York
Rate : $$$