Nicholas R. Pitre is a litigation attorney in Baker Donelson’s Mandeville office. He practices primarily in the area of construction law, and has extensive experience in commercial and tort litigation and legal ethics. Nicholas previously served as a judicial extern to Chief Judge Sarah Vance of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2012, summa cum laude
- Louisiana State University, B.S. (Finance), 2008, magna cum laude
- Louisiana, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2012
- Defending international engineering firm in multiple homeowner and contractor lawsuits arising from a sewer upgrade program encompassing more than 100 individual construction projects totaling over $1 billion.
- Obtained seven-figure settlement in favor of EPC contractor against pipe supplier and pipe manufacturer arising from manufacturing defects.
- Successfully protested public bid awards on behalf of contractor clients.
- Assisted client with engineering firm licensing issues in multiple states.
- Regularly assists clients with Public and Private Works Act claim and lien issues, including successfully obtaining cancellation of Private Works Act liens.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – 22nd JDC Bar Association
Rate : $$$