Nicholas M. Rose is a civil litigator in New York state and federal courts. Representative work includes commercial litigation, complex international civil litigation, money laundering and asset forfeiture defense, and requests for judicial assistance in obtaining discovery for use abroad under 28 U.S.C. § 1782. Nick brings a creative, problem-solving approach to advising his clients and representing their interests.
- Has assisted multiple clients in complex cross-border litigation involving asset tracing and international discovery.
- Obtained summary judgment in New York Supreme Court dismissing seven-figure claims in a breach of contract action on behalf of foreign business clients.
- Involved in a variety of matters in connection with BakerHostetler’s role as counsel to the court-appointed Trustee under the Securities Investor Protection Act in the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC. Assisting the Trustee in research, discovery and motion practice.
- Involved in all aspects of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority arbitration on behalf of a client, an investment bank.
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 2010, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., English and Philosophy, Macalester College, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2014
- New York, 2011
Rate : $$$$