Nicole Baarts is a partner in the Labor & Employment department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s San Francisco office. Ms. Baarts is a trial attorney with a diverse background in litigating employment law, medical malpractice, personal injury law, education law, and construction defect in both state and federal courts.
Ms. Baarts also has significant experience providing general counsel advice to, and litigating on behalf of public and private employers in a variety of matters, including employment, and representing employers in agency proceedings including EEOC, DFEH, EDD, and the California Department of Labor.
She provides ongoing employment counseling and training to her clients to facilitate compliance with federal and state employment laws, such as those governing payment of wages and wage statements, reasonable accommodations, employee exemptions, and workplace investigations. Ms. Baarts also practices with an emphasis on the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and state laws effecting background screening.
Ms. Baarts represents public and private employers in employment-related litigation in the areas of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, pay equity, wage and hour claims, breach of contract, and misappropriation of trade secrets, among others. Ms. Baarts has been a member of multiple trial and arbitration teams that have secured defense verdicts for employers.
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law (2003)
- Public Interest and Public Interest Law Certificate
- Editor-in-Chief, Oregon Review of International Law
- Phi Alpha Delta (served as President and Vice President)
- B.A., University of California, Davis (1999)
- California State Bar Association (2003–present)
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association (2011–2013)
- Stanislaus County Bar Association (2003–present)
- Wray Ladine Inns of Court (2005–2010)
- Court-Appointed Special Advocate, Stanislaus County, Volunteer Advocate (2003–2006)
Rate : $$$