Nicole Berkowitz is a litigation associate in Baker Donelson’s Memphis office. Ms. Berkowitz has a diverse practice assisting clients in various business-related litigation matters, including patent and trademark infringement actions, trade secret cases, class actions, breach of contract actions, fraud claims, breach of fiduciary duty cases, and business disputes.
Ms. Berkowitz has also handled federal trademark applications and has experience in protecting and enforcing clients’ intellectual property rights. Ms. Berkowitz is a cabinet member of the Memphis Area Legal Services (MALS) Campaign for Equal Justice.
In this role, she played a large role in coordinating fundraising efforts on behalf of the Young Lawyers Committee. Prior to joining Baker Donelson, Ms. Berkowitz clerked for the Honorable Jon Phipps McCalla, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2015, summa cum laude
- Vanderbilt University, B.A. in Economics, 2012
- Tennessee, 2016
- Missouri, 2015
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, 2016
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, 2016
- Successfully represented national real estate investment trust in arbitration proceedings in which plaintiff had sought over $75 million in damages for the alleged breach of contract and tortious interference with business relationships.
- Represented fast casual restaurant chain against shareholder class action alleging violations of federal securities law in connection with cash-out merger.
- Successfully petitioned for injunctive relief in trade secret misappropriation case involving customer lists and proprietary financial data.
- Represented trademark owner in federal court action involving trademark infringement claims for products sold on Amazon.
- Prevailed on motions to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction in two related cases in which plaintiffs sought to impose liability on parent company.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Cabinet Member – Memphis Area Legal Services Campaign for Equal Justice, Young Lawyers Committee
- Associate Member – Leo Bearman Sr. American Inn of Court
- Dean’s Leadership Award – Washington University School of Law (2015)
Rate : $$$