Nicole Fortuné is a patent attorney in King & Spalding’s Intellectual Property Counseling, Healthcare, and FDA and Life Sciences practices. Nicci brings more than 14 years of experience in preparing and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications, patent portfolio management, strategic counseling, due diligence, and opinion work regarding infringement, invalidity, and freedom-to-operate analyses.
Her practice relates to the biological, biotechnological and pharmaceutical arts, including immunology and vaccine development, clinical and research diagnostics, and molecular biology assay technologies.
Prior to King & Spalding, Nicci was formerly corporate patent counsel at Chiron Corporation (now Novartis), where she managed global prosecution of the company’s vaccine patent portfolio relating to bacterial meningitis.
She handled all aspects of portfolio management and strategic development, including global monitoring of third party patent families, pursuance of U.S. interferences and European oppositions, as well as drafting and negotiating related intellectual property agreements, such as licenses and clinical study agreements.
Nicci has also worked as an associate attorney at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett, & Dunner, LLP and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (Standing Committee Member 2006-2008)
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- J.D., University of California, Boalt Hall, Order of the Coif
- M.A. Chemistry and Biology, University of Nevada-Las Vegas
- B.S. Biochemistry, University of California-Los Angeles
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$