Nicole Howell advises strategic and financial buyers and sellers in connection with domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and the formation of joint ventures and strategic partnerships. Her practice also includes corporate governance, private equity and securities law matters. Ms. Howell has recent experience in a wide range of transactions in a variety of industries, including:
- Total Produce plc in its acquisition of a significant stake in Dole Food Company;
- Hulu, LLC in its sale of a minority stake to Time Warner Inc.;
- a private equity firm in its acquisition of a significant equity stake in a top Hollywood talent manager;
- Marvel co-founder David Maisel in the formation of Mythos Studios, a joint venture with Scooter Braun;
- Trustbridge Partners in its acquisition of Holiday House;
- O’Reilly Automotive in an underwritten public offering of senior notes.
Prior to joining Skadden, Ms. Howell represented buyers and sellers in various transactions, including several representing funds affiliated with a leading private equity firm.
Ms. Howell is a pro bono coordinator in Skadden’s Los Angeles office and regularly advises nonprofit clients. She received the 2018 Pro Bono Award from UCLA School of Law for her substantial contributions to public interest through pro bonolegal services. She also serves on Skadden’s Los Angeles office recruiting committee.
- J.D., UCLA School of Law, 2013 (Discourse Editor, UCLA Law Review)
- B.A., Stanford University, 2010 (Honors)
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$