J. Nicole Martin assists accountable care organizations, health care systems, long term care providers (e.g., assisted living facilities, home care agencies, home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities, continuing care retirement communities), behavioral and mental health providers, medical device manufacturers, and physician practices with their compliance, regulatory, and transactional needs.
Nicole’s practice includes providing clients with counsel regarding telehealth laws, HIPAA/HITECH and state privacy and security laws, data breaches, business associate and covered entity obligations, licensure laws, Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payer matters, medical staff issues, and fraud and abuse laws.
Nicole also represents clients undergoing licensure and certification changes including changes of ownership and control necessary to finalize such transactions and to maintain their licensure and certifications and assists them with the transactional, regulatory, and compliance requirements necessary to finalize the transactions and maintain their licensure and certifications.
Nicole earned her J.D. from Drexel University School of Law. She earned multiple degrees, including a Master of Public Health, from the University of Pennsylvania. During law school, Nicole was a judicial intern for the Honorable Jerome B. Simandle, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, served as the managing editor of the Drexel Law Review, and worked at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) as the program director of the Phoenix Language Services Program.
She is also a member of the PBA Health Care Law Committee, the PBA Charitable Organizations Committee, and the PBA Women in the Profession Committee. Nicole is on the board of trustees for The Rock School for Dance Education. Nicole completed a secondment with CHOP in February 2019.
Nicole is the co-editor of Cozen O’Connor’s Health Law Informer blog. She co-authored a chapter on facility license issues in An Introduction to Contract and Government-Based Health Law Litigation.
- Assists with transactional, regulatory, and compliance matters for an accountable care organization that participates in the Medicare Shared Savings Program.
- Assisted with transactional, regulatory, and compliance matters for an administrative services organization that facilitated the provision of telehealth services throughout the United States.
- Regularly represents long term care provider clients with regulatory and compliance matters.
- Performed a health law compliance review on issues and developments relevant to a New Jersey radiology physician group.
- Assisted with due diligence, health care regulatory review and counsel to evaluate and identify bondholders’ risk on behalf of health care systems and long term care providers.
- Represented nonprofit and for-profit long term care providers in obtaining Orphans’ Court and Attorney General approval to consummate change of ownership transactions.
- Drexel University, J.D., 2011
- University of Pennsylvania, M.P.H., 2008
- University of Pennsylvania, M.A., 2006
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2005
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania; New Jersey
Rate : $$$$