Nicole L. Pelletier represents companies in various segments of the insurance industry, including life and annuity, property and casualty, health, title, HMO, dental, vision and surplus lines. Nicole provides legal counsel on regulatory, transactional and corporate matters, including:
- General Company Compliance – Nicole helps insurance companies, captive insurance companies, HMOs, third party administrators, pharmacy benefit managers and other regulated entities maintain compliance with federal and state statutes and regulations.
- Holding Company Act Matters – Nicole prepares Holding Company Act filings on behalf of clients, including Form A and Form D filings. She also counsels clients on various Holding Company Act matters.
- Medical Malpractice Review Panels – Nicole represents clients before Indiana medical malpractice review panels. She counsels clients throughout the panel process, from the selection of the panel chair through the rendering of the final panel opinion.
- Regulator Outreach & Advocacy – Nicole works with the Indiana Department of Insurance and state insurance departments across the country on a variety of regulatory and compliance issues.
- Insurance Industry Monitoring – Nicole monitors state and federal legislative and regulatory activity on a variety of insurance issues. She regularly attends the meetings of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
During law school, Nicole worked as a legal extern with a St. Louis-based electric company and co-taught an undergraduate course on women and the law at Washington University in St. Louis.
In her summers, Nicole served as a legal intern with the Metropolitan St. Louis Equal Housing & Opportunity Council and worked as a summer associate at Faegre Baker Daniels.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, Journal of Law and Policy (chief executive notes editor) (2016)
- Tulane University, B.A. summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (2013)
Bar Admissions :
- Admitted only in Indiana; supervision by principals of the firm admitted to the D.C. bar
Rate : $$$