Nicole W. Stafford is a partner in the firm’s Austin office, where she specializes in patent litigation with an emphasis on pharmaceutical and life sciences litigation. She has successfully represented clients in bench and jury trials in district courts across the country, appeals to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and hearings before the International Trade Commission, including as lead litigation counsel.
Nicole also has successfully represented prominent generic pharmaceutical companies in Hatch-Waxman litigation at both the trial and appellate levels, including several recent successful bench trials in the District of Delaware and a Federal Circuit appeal.
She has represented a variety of pharmaceutical and life sciences clients in litigation and appellate matters, including Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.; Paddock Laboratories, Inc.; Mylan, Inc.; Synthon IP, Inc.; Eppendorf Corp.; Ventana Medical Systems Amgen Inc.; Bausch & Lomb, Inc.; Perlegen Sciences, Inc.; Gencell SAS; Bayer AG; DeKalb Genetics Corp.; and Monsanto.
Nicole is a former National Science Foundation Doctoral Fellow with M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in chemistry. She has authored numerous peer-reviewed technical articles and conducted research in polymer and organic chemistry, organometallic catalysis, synthetic inorganic and bioinorganic chemistry, neuropharmacology, and genetics.
Her strong technical background has allowed her to effectively represent clients in a wide range of technological areas, including pharmaceuticals, ophthalmics, controlled release technologies, biologics, biomedical devices, DNA chips and microarrays, angiogenesis, immunohistochemical staining/antigen retrieval, genetically engineered plants, insecticides, polymers, petrochemicals, semiconductors, and computer-related applications and devices.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law
Graduated First in Her Class, With Highest Honors
- Ph.D., Chemistry, Texas A&M University
- M.A., Chemistry, Harvard University
- B.S., Chemistry, Texas A&M University
Summa Cum Laude
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Chemical Society
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas Intellectual Property Law Section
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$