Nicole R. Sullivan counsels clients regarding worldwide portfolio management and strategic development. Her practice involves domestic and international patent drafting and prosecution focused primarily in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, bioengineering biologics, and life sciences.
Her practice also involves due diligence investigations as well as freedom to operate and patentability opinions. In addition, her practice also includes Hatch-Waxman litigations and the inter partes reexaminations.
Prior to practicing law, Nicole was a scientific advisor at an international patent law firm, and a senior research scientist at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. At Wyeth she worked in research and development in the Department of Pain’s Molecular Pharmacology Group and served as a program leader for two drug discovery targets.
Nicole is co-author of several peer-reviewed scientific articles and has presented her research at national and regional scientific conferences. She also received a Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America Foundation’s Advanced Predoctoral Fellowship in Pharmacology/Toxicology to support her predoctoral thesis work.
Nicole’s pharmacology and industry background allows her to understand and assist industry clients with complex legal and scientific issues.
Representative Matters :
- Biopharmaceutical companies — patent prosecution of large molecule technologies; counseling; freedom to operate analysis; invalidity opinion analysis; intellectual property due diligence review of both patent portfolio and trade secret
- Life science companies — freedom to operate analysis; non-infringement and invalidity opinion analysis; Inter Partes Review practice
- Leading research university — patent drafting and prosecution of large molecule technologies and medical and life science devices; counseling; portfolio management
- Litigation — Multi-defendant Hatch-Waxman litigations (both plaintiff and generic); trade secret action; and an International Trade Commission Action
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Ph.D., 2001, Pharmacology
- Baylor University, B.S., 1994
COURT ADMISSIONS : U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$