Nika B. Palama is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Chicago office. Ms. Palama’s practice focuses on advising both private and public companies in a broad range of corporate transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities compliance and filings, and the formation and operation of business entities and EB-5 project finance.
During law school, Ms. Palama represented numerous clients as part of the University of Michigan’s Urban Communities Clinic, providing transactional legal services to nonprofit organizations and small businesses engaged in community development in the Detroit metropolitan area. Ms. Palama also advocated as a legal intern for the Public Interest Legal Advocacy Project/Land & Natural Resources Law Project of the Community Legal Education Center in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2011, cum laude; Executive Editor, Michigan Journal of International Law; Administrative Manager, Michigan Journal of Gender & Law
- M.S., Northwestern University, 2008
- B.A., Yale University, 2006, with distinction
- Member of the Chicago Bar Association – Alliance for Women
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Associate Board Member, Legal Prep Charter Academies
Rate : $$$