Nikelle Susanne Meade represents clients in all aspects of local government and real estate with an emphasis in land use and real estate development, public-private partnerships, procurement, and governmental affairs.
Her work includes zoning, permitting, land use planning, development application processing and representation before local city councils, business development, relationship management, economic development, zoning boards of adjustment, planning commissions, local governing bodies and state and local agencies.
In short, she helps clients navigate real estate development projects through governmental approvals. She also has vast experience in commercial transactions including purchases and sales, leases, public financing and general contracts. Before joining Husch Blackwell, Nikelle was a partner at Brown McCarroll.
- Represented a commercial real estate developer for a high-rise condominium development in Austin’s central business district and surrounding areas.
- Represented a property owner association in the negotiation of entitlements with a national developer for a $100 million development project.
- Represented a multifamily housing developer for the creation of a public-private partnership to develop a 250-unit apartment development.
- Advised an international developer in 5,000-acre mixed-use development with public financing.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in negotiation of a services contract with a local governmental body.
Community Leadership :
- African American Cultural and Heritage Facility, Board of Directors
- Austin Business Journal, Mentoring Monday
- Austin Habitat for Humanity, Board of Directors; Facilities Committee, chair
- Ballet Austin, Board of Directors; Governmental Relations Committee, chair
- Hill Country Conservancy, Board of Directors, 2000-2012; president, 2009-2012
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin
Admissions : Texas, Texas Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Planning Association, state chapter and national chapter
- Austin Area Research Organization (AARO), Transportation Committee, Strategic Leadership Committee, Water and Energy Committee
- Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority, Board of Directors, Secretary; Right-of-Way Acquisition Committee, Chair, Appointee of Travis County
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Austin Chapter
- Greater San Marcos Partnership, lead investor, general counsel
- National Forum for Black Public Administrators, Central Texas Chapter
- Round Rock Chamber of Commerce, Momentum Investor Group
Rate : $$$