Nila M. Merola is an associate in the Labor & Employment Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s New York office. Ms. Merola represents employers in all aspects of employment-related litigation before federal and state courts, administrative agencies, and arbitration panels. In particular, her practice focuses on discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage & hour, and restrictive covenant matters. A former commercial litigator, Ms. Merola also has experience with complex commercial litigation, as well as regulatory investigations.
Ms. Merola is also committed to public service and maintains an active pro bono practice. She has litigated and authored amicus briefs for federal and state court LGBTQ impact litigation, represented individuals in asylum proceedings, and often provides employment advice and counseling to non-profit organizations.
Ms. Merola was also selected as a 2018 Pathfinder for the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity. Prior to joining Seyfarth Shaw, Ms. Merola was a Litigation associate at the New York office of an international law firm. She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Gary L. Sharpe in the Northern District of New York from 2013 – 2015.
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, magna cum laude (2011)
- Staff Member, St. John’s Law Review
- B.S., Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations (2008)
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- New York State Appellate Division, Second Department
Rate : $$$