Nilesh S. Patel is a technology and advertising attorney with significant experience in the internet, social/interactive media, software, information technology and advertising industries.
As Chair Leading fbtTECH, his practice focuses on providing practical, strategic counseling to companies in a broad range of intellectual property and advertising matters, including handling underlying technology, content, data, software development, licensing and other commercial transactions core to the sale of products and services to consumer and business customers.
Neal has specific experience in guiding companies through the myriad of legal and commercial issues that arise from doing business and advertising online, including the intersection of technology, privacy and advertising.
Backed with many years of in-house legal experience, Neal has worked with some of America’s leading brands, delivering pragmatic solutions that ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations without sacrificing creativity and impact.
This “brand law” experience includes advertising review, claim substantiation, sweepstakes, word of mouth marketing, content licensing, website operations, online promotions, privacy, COPPA, behavioral advertising, product placement, sponsorship, endorsement, and virtually all types of promotion related agreements.
From a technology perspective, he has considerable experience in advising companies on intellectual property ownership, use, acquisition, sale, license and protection matters, as well as structuring and negotiating various agreements touching on the development, acquisition, marketing, sale and/or distribution products and services that are substantially comprised of or dependent on intellectual property.
- Reviewing and counseling on advertising copy throughout all stages (idea to production).
- Handling all network advertising clearance matters.
- Substantiating, defending and prosecuting claims before the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, national broadcast networks and other industry self-regulatory bodies.
- Handling inquiries and investigations brought by the FTC, state AGs (both multi-state and individual actions), and local consumer protection agencies.
- Counseling in the areas of product sales and development, including claims, licensing, product liability, warranty, labeling, and related matters.
- Counseling on marketing and sales related press releases, as well as crises management and other legal support for public relations groups.
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
Rate : $$$