Nina L. Flax’s practice focuses on M&A, joint ventures, venture capital investing, commercial transactions and general corporate matters. She represents buyers and sellers in connection with domestic and international stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures as well as mergers, assists clients in negotiating and establishing domestic and international joint ventures and consortiums and represents clients in connection with financing of startups as well as founders in the formation of startups and in exit transactions.
Nina also counsels clients regarding commercial transactions, including intellectual property licenses, co-development agreements, application integration agreements and technology alliance agreements.
Nina represents US, foreign and multinational corporations and other public and private entities across a wide range of technology and other industries, including fintech, insurtech, IoT, SaaS, digital marketing, product engineering, mobility, machine learning, financial services, professional services, digital hospitality and leisure, gaming and agribusiness.
Nina joined Mayer Brown in 2005 and is the leader of the Northern California Corporate & Securities practice. She is also an active member of Mayer Brown’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusion and Mayer Brown’s Recruiting Committee.
- Harvard Law School, JD
- Duke University, BA, with high honors
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Mayer Brown’s Recruiting Committee
- Mayer Brown’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Represented a global restaurant company in a technology partnership related to online ordering for pickup and delivery.
- Represented a multinational banking and financial services holding company headquartered in California in its multibillion dollar acquisition of a commercial distribution finance business and vendor finance business.
- Represented an online home-selling service in connection with a title insurance joint venture and various product launches.
- Represented a start-up company focusing on impact financing in the nonprofit sector in its seed financing.
- Represented a start-up company focusing on medical image sharing software in its seed financing and sale to a multinational software company.
- Represented a residential garage door opener in various alliances to integrate the smart home devices with various automation and other platforms.
- Represented a leading provider of collaboration and productivity tools for the construction industry in its acquisition of a provider of mobile-enabled solutions for collaboration between the field and the office for construction firms with operations and employees in the US and in Russia.
Rate : $$$