Nina K. Goldberg focuses her practice on corporate governance with an emphasis on emerging companies. Working with private and publicly held companies on corporate finance and securities matters, she functions much like general counsel, addressing many different issues and situations.
Nina has counseled corporations, limited liability companies and other business entities in connection with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate formations and restructurings, and has assisted her clients in drafting a variety of business contracts including consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements and licensing agreements.
Prior to attending law school, Nina was a consultant in Arthur Andersen LLP’s Strategy Finance and Economic Group. Nina’s accounting background enables her to read business plans, financial statements and accounting documents more thoroughly, thus better serving her clients’ transactional needs.
- Assisted domestic medical device company in joint venture with multinational healthcare company having an estimated value of $1 billion for the development and sale of a medical device. Maintained deal’s organization and assisted in formation of entities across globe through cross border transactions. Documented transaction and provided corporate governance support.
- Assisted major U.S. software company in the $12.5 million acquisition of another software company.
- Drafted private placement memorandum for $5 million common stock offering for an emerging technology company; also assisted with preparation of stock option plan, consulting agreements, warrants, various promissory notes and related blue sky filings.
- Represented an emerging cosmetics company in drafting private placement memorandum and assisting with simultaneous corporate reorganization.
- Prepared corporate governance charters, insider trading policy, related party transaction policy, FCPA policies and procedures, and assisted with periodic reports, for public company in the energy industry.
Memberships : Los Angeles County Bar Association
- University of Southern California Law Annual Fund Committee
- Aveson Charter Schools: Board of Directors
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2005
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1999, Leadership Award
Admissions : California, 2005
Rate : $$$$