Nina Thanawala focuses on white-collar criminal defense and internal investigations. She also works on commercial litigation, insurance, and regulatory matters. She is experienced with fact development, witness interviews, document management, motions practice, and trial preparation.
Nina is actively involved in Steptoe’s pro bono program. She co-second chaired a jury trial in an Americans with Disabilities Act case before the US District Court for the District of Columbia. Her responsibilities included preparing witnesses for trial, conducting direct and cross examinations, and arguing a motion in limine.
Nina has also successfully obtained asylum for a victim of domestic violence and worked on a successful appeal to the USCIS Administrative Appeals Office on behalf of family members of a victim of sex trafficking.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2012, Senior Notes Editor, Journal of Legislation and Public Policy
- B.A., Swarthmore College, 2007, Political Science
Rate : $$$