Nina Vachhani is an associate in the Chicago office of Locke Lord LLP where she is a member of the Firm’s IP Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology and IP Litigation groups. Nina concentrates her practice on complex patent infringement and other intellectual property litigation matters with a primary emphasis on disputes involving the Hatch-Waxman provisions of the Patent Act and the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Her experience ranges from the pre-litigation stage, including Paragraph IV Certifications, through initial filings, fact and expert discovery, claim construction, pre-trial, trial, and post-trial phases, as well as appeal.
In addition to her Hatch-Waxman practice, Nina also has experience in the seed and agricultural biotechnology industries representing seed producers, seed dealers and distributors, and seedsmen’s errors and omissions insurers with regulatory, liability, and transactional matters.
During her undergraduate studies, Nina was a research assistant, where she investigated and co-authored published abstracts on the emotional-somatomotor neural circuits involved in the expression of the physical symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder.
- Representing generic drug manufacturers involving nine patents concerning topical solutions for the treatment of onychomycosis (Jublia®).
- Representing generic drug manufacturers involving two patents concerning oral formulations for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE) (Eliquis®).
- Represented generic drug manufacturer involving three patents concerning transdermal solutions and medical applicators used to treat hypogonadism (Axiron®).
- Represented generic drug manufacturer involving three patents concerning oral formulations of opioids used to treat pain (Opana® ER).
- Represented generic drug manufacturer involving two additional patents concerning oral formulations of opioids used to treat pain (Opana® ER).
- Representing generic drug manufacturers involving two patents concerning topical sprays for the treatment of (Topicort®). Defended against a motion for a temporary restraining order.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2013
- B.S., Neuroscience, University of Michigan, 2010
- Illinois, 2013
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$