Nisha N. Patel practices intellectual property law, with an emphasis on patent and trade secret litigation matters. Ms. Patel represents technology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies in IP litigation suits, as both plaintiffs and defendants.
She has in-depth technological experience in diverse electrical and mechanical fields, including: telecommunications, computer architecture, medical devices, power distribution systems, fiber optics, telehealth platforms, and semiconductor microfabrication.
Ms. Patel’s litigation experience spans all aspects of trial and appellate practice in federal courts across the United States. She also has extensive experience handling post-grant matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, such as reexamination and inter partes review proceedings.
Ms. Patel also maintains an active pro bono practice, including serving as first chair in a jury trial in the Northern District of California and successfully arguing before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, both on behalf of pro bono clients.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, 2008
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2011, cum laude, Dean’s List (2010-2011)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$