Nora Bilbro represents clients in toxic tort matters, class action defense, mass tort litigation, insurance coverage and defense litigation, and property damage, premises liability and product liability litigation. Clients seek her experience with complex procedural litigation issues, from jurisdiction to appeals.
With deep experience in the chemical manufacturing arena, she has represented clients in class action suits involving releases of various chemicals, incidents that generally result in thousands of claims for personal injuries, property damages, business interruption and inconvenience.
She also represents chemical manufacturers and other premises owners in defense of claims for occupational exposure, including claims for hearing loss, asbestos related diseases, and benzene exposure.
Nora also litigates and counsels clients on various insurance coverage and contractual defense and indemnity issues, including oilfield indemnity and insurance matters, claims for insurance coverage and additional insured status, as well as first party property damage claims. Some of her recent representative matters in this area include:
- Representation of insurance companies in defense of Hurricane Katrina claims, including issues involving the water damage exclusion, Valued Policy Law (VPL) and adjustment practices.
- Representation of insurance companies in defense of first party property damage and bad faith claims.
- Representation of insurance company in defense of a suit by a Louisiana legislatively-created body asserting claims for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1994;
- Louisiana State University, B.A., 1990
Bar Admissions : Louisiana, 1994
Recent Representative Matters:
- Representation of numerous chemical manufacturing companies in defense of class action cases involving the release of various chemicals. These incidents generally result in thousands of individual claims for personal injury, property damage, business interruption and inconvenience.
- Representation of insurance companies in defense of Hurricane Katrina claims, including issues involving the water damage exclusion, Valued Policy Law (VPL) and adjustment practices, and other first party property damage and bad faith claims.
- Representation of product manufacturers in products liability litigation involving industrial accidents, property damages and other serious personal injuries.
- Representation of retailers and other premises owners in defense of personal injury claims.
Rate : $$$