Nora E. Burke focuses her practice on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, lending transactions and securities offerings for both domestic and international clients, as well as general tax issues faced by both businesses and individuals.
Nora also has broad experience with U.S. tax issues relating to foreign financial institutions. She has been advising clients on issues posed by the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) since it was enacted in 2010.
Her FATCA experience includes counseling investment advisors and hedge funds regarding FATCA registration requirements and ongoing compliance.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented SYNNEX in connection with its $2.4 billion acquisition of Convergys, a publicly traded company, for a combination of stock and cash.
- Represented Vital Therapies, a public company, in connection with its acquisition of Immunic AG in an all-stock transaction.
- Represented ComplySci, the leading provider of regulatory technology for financial and professional services companies, on a strategic investment in the company from private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
- Represented Onit, Inc. in connection with $200M investment by K1 Investment Management, LLC.
- Represented several foreign financial institutions in connection with Department of Justice investigations regarding their U.S. tax reporting obligations and in determining whether their accounts were subject to FATCA.
- J.D., The College of William and Mary School of Law, 2008
- B.A., University of Virginia, 2003
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$