Norma N. Bennett is a seasoned litigator with more than 15 years of litigation experience. Norma focuses her practice on product liability, commercial litigation, and intellectual property matters, having defended clients in product liability-related matters involving thousands of plaintiffs, and in complex commercial litigation, personal injury and intellectual property matters.
She has conducted all phases of litigation including case strategy, written discovery, eDiscovery, depositions, expert witness preparation, damages, motion practice, trials and appeals. She also has considerable experience in representing clients in arbitration before the American Arbitration Association.
Norma also has significant experience in managing, directing and coordinating complex litigation, including supervising and directing teams of associates, paralegals, technical analysts and staff.
She has also coordinated complex litigation through joint-defense groups and local counsel across jurisdictions. Additionally, she brings more than two decades of management and leadership experience to her roles in litigation.
Before joining Shook, she was a shareholder at McFall, Breitbeil & Eidman, P.C. in Houston.
Before joining the legal profession, Norma was a captain in the U.S. Air Force and a sales representative for Ethicon, Inc., a leading maker of medical devices, surgical equipment and wound closure products.
- J.D., Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, 2000
- Tullis Moot Court Competition, Finalist
- Black Law Students Association, Vice President
- Dean’s List
- A.B., Princeton University, 1985 (Chemistry)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Regional Director, Giles Sutherland Moot Court Competition (2004-2011)
- Young Alumni Leadership Council, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University
- Chairperson (2008-2011)
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow (2017-Present)
- Garland R. Walker Inn of Court
- Master (2019-Present)
- Houston Intellectual Property Inn of Court
- Barrister (2013-2016)
- Houston Intellectual Property Law AssociationDirector (2005-2007)
- Princeton University Alumni Schools Committee (2010-Present)
Rate : $$$